Marketing. Arts. Non-profits.
Juliana Zipay is a 25-year-old marketing professional in Pittsburgh. She is currently the Membership & Marketing Manager for Silver Eye Center for Photography, a non-profit contemporary photography art gallery located in Pittsburgh's Southside. She is also currently pursuing her Master in Public Management with a focus on non-profit and arts management from Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College.
She boasts strong experience in social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+; professional writing, including press releases, website content, and a variety of other types of writing; and event and competition planning and implementation, including Silver Eye's Biennial Benefit Auction, 8 x 8 PHOTO PARTY, and the Fellowship International Photography Competition.
In 2009, she studied abroad on a program called Semester at Sea, a four-month voyage that took her to eleven countries (on four continents) by ship. Juliana graduated cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh in 2011 with a BA in Communication & Rhetoric, a double minor in Theater Arts and Film Studies, and a certificate in Children's Literature.
In addition to having spent one full day in every time-zone on earth, Juliana is a dreamer, a thinker, determined, and goal-oriented. She loves traveling to new places, drinking excessive amounts of coffee, listening to her iPod too loudly, and playing Scrabble competitively.
Download my full résumé here.
Membership and Marketing Manager
March 2012 to Present
Silver Eye Center for Photography, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- * Update and maintain all marketing of organization including posting to social media accounts, sending e-blasts through Constant Contact, and uploading content to community calendars and blogs
- * Write and edit copy for relevant press releases, media postings, and exhibition materials
- * Established relationships with local media and press in order to publicize organization events and programs
- * Retain records for all members and membership status
- * Manage general mailings, answering of phones, program registrations, and other office tasks
Key event planning skills include: acquiring media sponsors; marketing of special events through social media, press releases, call for entries websites, community calendars, word-of-mouth, etc.; work with a designer to create a logo and print materials for distribution; creating timeline of events and deadlines; acquiring appropriate sponsors and vendors with other staff; create, implement, and market a call for entries for an 8 x 8 square image photo exhibition and sale on the night of the event; process and organize all ticketing and registrations; organize marketing and promotion for benefit auction; organize incoming auction donations for live and silent portions of benefit.
Special projects: Content development lead and key communicator with design firm for new website launching in 2013; the Biennial Benefit Auction (2012); 8 x 8 PHOTO PARTY (2013); Fellowship 14 (2013-14); the Biennial Benefit Auction (2014).
University of Pittsburgh—Main Campus, College of Arts and Sciences
August 2007 to May 2011
BA, Communication & Rhetoric
Minors: Theater Arts, Film Studies
Certificate: Children’s Literature
Cumulative GPA: 3.276
University of Virginia—Semester at Sea
August 2009 to December 2009
Countries visited: Canada, Spain, Morocco, Ghana, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Vietnam, China, Japan, United States
- * Advanced experience and knowledge of social media practices and trends
- * Strong computer skills—troubleshooting, software, applications
- * Written and verbal communication skills
- * Knowledge of Microsoft 2000 Professional, 2003, 2007, 2008, Mac OS X, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- * Experience with Adobe Illustrator
Honors and Awards
- * National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- * Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Organization
Opportunities. Ideas. Projects. Get in touch and say hi.